Firmware 46 changelog
– Performance and stability improvements
– Trickle charge is fixed. With FW46 we recommend fully charging the batteries before storing the gloves for a longer period of time.
What do you need?
– Computer with Apollo
– A phone or tablet with Android or iOS
– Manus VR DK2 (with RF dongle in computer)
– Download nRF Connect for Mobile in the Google Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS)
– Download DK2 Glove Firmware & Bootloader Tool on the Developer Page and transfer 0046_sdk13.zip to your phone or tablet
Tip for iOS: send 0046_sdk13.zip to your phone by email. When opening, click ‘Share to nRF Connect’
Step 1. Check the current firmware
At ‘Glove specs and info‘, click ‘More information‘.
Check the current firmware at ‘Current Device firmware version‘.
Every version other than 46 is old and may be updated. Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2. Turn on the ‘bootloader’ mode
Open the Bootloader Tool.
Press Bootloader – the LED-light on your glove will turn green when it has succesfully entered bootloader mode.
Step 3. Updating the device with nRF Connect
Open nRF Connect on your phone or tablet.
Turn on your Bluetooth and scan for devices.
When found, connect to ManusDFU.
When connected, press DFU.
On Android the updating process will start automatically. On iOS, press to start the update. The LED will turn blue. The update process shouldn’t take more than five minutes.
Step 4. Almost done! Check your firmware
Do not unplug the glove while updating.
When the process is finished, the LED will turn light blue.
When done, check the firmware again in Apollo. This should now read 46.